With so many meal delivery services out there today, it can be difficult to find which one is best for you and your budget. To make researching a little easier, we’ve compiled the best cheap meal delivery services for you to consider.
Within this list, you will find a variety of meal plans that are listed from the lowest price per meal to the highest. We’ve also only included the services that stay below $10 per meal (which is generally the average when it comes to meal delivery services) so you can be confident each meal service listed is friendly to your budget.
Now, let’s take a look at our top choices…
Jump To A Section
- Mosaic Foods
- Daily Harvest
- Home Chef
- Proper Good
- Mom’s Meals
- Blue Apron
- Which Affordable Meal Delivery Service Is Best?
- What Is The Absolute Cheapest Meal Delivery Service?
- What To Consider When Choosing A Cheap Meal Delivery Service
- What To Be Aware Of When Choosing A Cheap Meal Delivery Service
- Our Methodology For Selecting The Cheapest Meal Delivery Services On This List
Best Cheap Meal Kit Delivery Service
What It Is: Dinnerly offers some of the most affordable meal kit meals currently on the market. In our reviews, we’ve found them to be one of the best options for families looking for meals that are both delicious and inexpensive. You can choose between a family box (4-serving meals) or a two-person box (2-serving meals); each providing 3 to 6 recipes per week. Because they offer more traditional and straightforward meals, this is a wonderful service for those who aren’t too adventurous with their foods. In our experience, it can satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Dinnerly is able to be one of the most inexpensive meal delivery services because they cut costs in a variety of subtle ways, such as only providing digital recipes (allowing them to cut back on paper expenses), using fewer ingredients in each meal, and simple packaging. In order to keep each price per meal lower, they do have a shipping fee of $8.99 for all plans (regardless of size). The fewer ingredients result in less balanced meals on occasion, such as less or no vegetables in certain meals. This is something to consider if you’re wanting a healthier meal delivery service.
Types of Meals Offered: Dinner, Dessert, and Meat (as an addition).
Lowest Price Per Meal: $4.69 (not including shipping charges)
Examples of Dinnerly’s Meals:
- Low-Carb Seared Steak & Roasted Broccoli with Lemon Pastrami Butter
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Broccoli & Cheddar Risotto
- Chocolate Pudding Cups with Graham Cracker Crumbs
Why Dinnerly Made The List:
- Dinnerly is one of the most affordable meal delivery services out there, with meals coming in at under $5 per serving (well under the cost of eating out).
- They provide a wide selection of easy-to-make meals. From our experience, many of their recipes can be prepped and cooked within 30 minutes.
- Dinnerly is accommodating to allergies, food intolerances, and diets, by providing clear ingredient lists and potential allergens in each of their meals.
- Their meals are not too adventurous, making them perfect for the pickiest of eaters.
Best Affordable Option For Beginner Cooks
What It Is: EveryPlate is the second most affordable meal delivery service currently on the market. They’re similar to Dinnerly in that they offer easy-to-follow meals that are, from our experience, delicious and filling. Each box contains pre-packed ingredients and produce, as well as a recipe card to reference and follow (something that Dinnerly does not offer). The recipe card contains all the information you need for each meal, and a breakdown of each ingredient accompanied by pictures. EveryPlate is a great affordable meal delivery service to consider if you’re new to cooking and are looking to learn new recipes without having to empty your pockets. This is due to the fact that we found their recipes to be easier to follow than many of the others on this list. They also offer a few premium meals each week for an additional cost that are a bit more extravagant. These premium meals are nice to try if you’re looking to eat something more adventurous and they provide you a good stepping stone to cook more complex meals (when you’re ready). Do keep in mind that their premium meals cost $2.99 per serving more ($7.98 total). EveryPlate is able to keep their costs like through similar methods as Dinnerly—using less packaging than other meal kits traditionally do and crafting recipes where fewer ingredients are needed. In order to keep each meal price lower, they do require a shipping fee of $8.99.
Types of Meals Offered: Dinner and additional meats.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $4.99 (not including shipping)
Examples of EveryPlate’s Meals:
- Tomato Cream Chicken Linguine with Tuscan Herbs & Parmesan
- Loaded Baked Potato Chowder with Bacon, Cheddar & Jalapeno
- Sesame Teriyaki Salmon with Roasted Zucchini and Carrot & Ginger Rice *(Premium)
- Chicken Breast Strips + Ground Beef (Protein Pack – Meat add-on)
Why EveryPlate Made The List:
- From our reviews, we found that EveryPlate provides generously sized portions when compared to many other meal kits out there.
- They offer four meal plans to choose from (ClassicPlate, VeggiePlate, FamilyPlate, and EasyPlate) so you can pick which one fits best for your needs.
- They send a physical recipe card that we found to be very simple to follow. Each recipe only has 6 simple steps so you’ll be able to craft your meals with ease. This makes their meal kit perfect for someone who’s looking to learn how to cook but doesn’t want to break the bank.
- Their packaging uses less plastic than many of the others listed in this article and it is 100% recyclable.
Best Low-Cost Option For Healthy Vegan Meals
What It Is: Mosaic Foods is one of the best low-cost meal delivery options if you’re looking for a variety of unique and tasty vegan meals that are fully pre-made. All of their meals are flash-frozen to lock in freshness and this allows them to be easily heated up in the microwave. From our experience subscribing, each of their meals is fairly nutritionally balanced with fresh, organic, and sustainably sourced ingredients. If you’re a fan of vegetarian Asian cuisine, then you’ll especially love Mosaic’s meals, which offer a wide variety of Asian-inspired dishes. More recently, they’ve spiced up their menu by adding more American and Italian-inspired meals to choose from. Do keep in mind that shipping is free if your order is over $100. If not, it is an extra $8.
Types of Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $4.98
Examples of Mosiac’s Least Expensive Meals:
- Penne alla Vodka ($4.98 per serving)
- Broccoli Cheddar Mac ($4.98 per serving)
- Sundried Tomato & ‘Everything’ Oats ($4.99 per serving)
- Golden Milk & Blackberry Oats ($4.99 per serving)
Why Mosiac Food’s Made The List:
- Each meal is plant-based and has nutritious, whole food ingredients that don’t contain any artificial flavorings, trans fats, or added sugars. Plus, they only use sustainably sourced organic produce that is locally harvested.
- Their packaging is 100% recyclable and, based on our experience, very eco-friendly.
- They are one of the few meal delivery services that offers pre-made “family style” meals that feed upwards of 4 people.
- Being a plant-based meal delivery service, they’re perfect for vegans, vegetarians, or even those looking to simply eat more vegetables in an affordable and easy way.
- They offer a variety of meals to choose from that are accommodating to allergies such as
Food Box HQ Note: Do be aware that Mosaic Foods does not update their menu on a weekly basis as many other meal delivery services on this list do. That being said, they currently offer more than 50 different meals to choose from.
Best Option For Affordable Smoothies & Plant-Based Meals
What It Is: Looking for an affordable meal delivery service that offers more than just meals, such as smoothies, desserts, and snacks? Daily Harvest is definitely one to consider, as they provide a selection of smoothies, snacks, desserts, and ready-in-minutes meals. All of their meals are pre-made, plant-based, and gluten-free. As with Mosaic Foods, Daily Harvest flash-freezes their meals, so everything is frozen immediately once cooked, in order to lock in freshness. From our multiple reviews of Daily Harvest, we found that they value high-quality, organic ingredients that support sustainable and regenerative agriculture. Daily Harvest stands out compared to the other affordable meal delivery services on this list with its ability to offer a wide selection of nutritious, vegan foods and drinks at an affordable cost.
Types of Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Desserts, Snacks, and Drinks.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $5.99
Examples of Daily Harvest’s Meals:
- Cremini + Miso Oat Bowl ($5.99 each)
- Portobello + Pesto Flatbread ($8.99 each)
- Ginger + Greens Smoothie ($7.99 each)
- Chocolate + Almond Chia Bowl ($5.99 each)
Why Daily Harvest Made The List:
- Daily Harvest offers a wide selection of plant-based foods and drinks that are, from our experience, both adventurous and tasty.
- They provide more than just dinner meals, such as snacks, desserts, and breakfast options at an affordable price.
- Since all of their meals are pre-made and frozen, there is little to no clean-up or prep time and they last for upwards of 4 months in the freezer.
- They focus on eco-friendly packaging and sustainably sourced ingredients.
Best Affordable Option For A Variety Of Meal Plans
What It Is: Home Chef is a two-in-one meal delivery service; they provide ready-to-eat, pre-made meals (under the brand “Fresh & Easy”) as well as meal kits for you to prepare yourself. You can choose which you would prefer through their different plans, such as their Meal Kits, 15 Minute Meal Kits, Oven-Ready, Grill-Ready, Culinary Collection, and Fast & Fresh. Home Chef offers one of the largest variety of options when it comes to different types of recipes you can cook, which really makes them stand out. Plus, we found that their easy-to-use website and app allow you to swap out ingredients, filter allergies, and add extra protein—all at a fairly reasonable price. Home Chef is a great affordable meal delivery option if you have dietary restrictions and would like more control of your meals/ingredients.
Types of Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Desserts, Bread, Meats, and Appetizers.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $6.99
Examples of Home Chef’s Meals:
- Panko-Crusted Chicken Breast and White Wine Demi with Smoked Gouda mash and Bacon Asparagus
- Shrimp Fajita Risotto with Cilantro and Cheese
- Creamy Steak and Chipotle Ranch Pasta with Corn and Parmesan
- Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Croissant
- Chocolate Lava Cake with Molten Chocolate Center
Why Home Chef Made The List:
- Home Chef is uniquely customizable in its different plan options as well as its ability to swap out ingredients and double up on meats.
- We found them to be one of the best meal kit options for those who are looking for quick, 15-minute or less recipes. This is one of the reasons they’ve made our top picks for the best oven-ready meal delivery services.
- They’re one of the few meal delivery services that offers both meal kit meals (you make yourself) and pre-made meals that can be heated up in the microwave, stovetop, or oven in minutes.
Best Gluten-Free Low-Cost Option
What It Is: If you follow a gluten-free diet, or have other dietary restrictions due to GERD, IBD, and IBS, then you’ll definitely want to check out Epicured. Their meals are all pre-made and follow the low FODMAP diet. They are also highly accommodating to those who have allergies and/or are following a specific diet. All of their meals are created by chefs and dietitians who ensure each meal is nutritionally balanced and meets any dietary requirements. This is the perfect meal delivery service to try if you want to take the pressure off of having to make strict, diet-specific meals at home.
Types of Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Snacks, Sides, and Beverages.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $6.99
Examples of Epicured’s Meals:
- Pumpkin Soup ($6.99)
- Carrot Ginger Soup ($6.99)
- Chicken & Rice Soup ($7.99)
- Potato Latkes ($4.99)
Why Epicured Made The List:
- Epicured offers diet-friendly pre-made meals that are customizable to fit your preferences. For example, instead of chicken for a meal, you can swap it out for another protein or leave it out altogether.
- Each meal is individually priced, so you can choose the meals that fit best within your budget.
- They offer a huge variety of meals, along with snacks, breakfast options, desserts, and beverages.
- Being a specialty meal delivery service, they’re a great option for those who are gluten-free, and/or have IBS, IBD, Gerd, and have to follow a low FODMAP diet.
- They allow you to test out their meals before subscribing by purchasing a bundle. Each bundle they offer is different but provides a few meals to try.
Best Affordable Soup Delivery Service
What It Is: Proper Good is a soup delivery service that sends shelf-stable soups right to your door. We found them to be wonderfully convenient for busy workdays, for ready-to-eat lunches, or if you simply don’t feel like making dinner one night. Proper Good specializes in crafting delicious, traditional soups that are made to be nutritionally balanced. To give you an example, many of their soups fall within an acceptable macro range to be classified as safe for the keto diet. They even made it on our list of top meal delivery service picks for the keto diet because of this. All of their soups include functional ingredients in their dishes, such as bone broth, ginger, and turmeric. They’ve also been expanding their menu beyond just ready-made soups and now offer oatmeals as a simple breakfast option made with flax, chia, and hemp seed. They’re a great choice to consider if you’re looking for ready-to-eat and healthy meals—and (especially) if you love soup!
Types of Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $3.49
Examples of Proper Good’s Meals:
- Spiced Pumpkin Soup ($5.59)
- Tomato Basil Soup ($5.59)
- Plain Oats ($3.99)
- Blueberry Coconut Oats ($4.79)
Why Proper Good Made The List:
- With an average of $5.99 per soup, Proper Good is both a high-quality and affordable meal delivery service.
- They offer wonderfully tasty, fresh, and traditional soups that we found to be nostalgic, comforting, and perfectly filling.
- Being pre-made and shelf-stable, they’re perfect for when you need a quick meal, or to have on hand when you don’t feel like making dinner.
- Their website allows you to filter out certain meals, such as meals with dairy or gluten, so you’ll be able to find the soups that work with your diet.
Best Pre-Made Meal Delivery Service Covered By Healthcare
What It Is: Mom’s Meals is a pre-made meal delivery service that can be free if you are under a Medicaid or Medicare Advantage plan (depending on benefits). Even if you aren’t covered under one of these health plans, Mom’s Meals is still highly affordable with a self-pay option. This meal-delivery service specializes in creating meals that are both nutritious and accommodating to those with specific health issues. This includes diabetic friendly, heart health, low sodium, renal friendly, cancer support, and more. Mom’s Meals offers a variety of meals to choose from that are individually picked out each week. They provide a selection of traditional, comfort food meals, as well as some international favorites (such as Asian, Indian, and Spanish cuisines). Their meals come fresh and refrigerated so they can be heated up right away.
Types of Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Lowest Price Per Meal: Free if fully covered under Medicaid and Medicare Advantage plans, depending on benefits. Self-pay lowest price per meal is $6.99.
Examples of Mom’s Meals Dishes:
- BBQ Chicken with Potato Medley and Seasoned Green Beans and Fudge Round
- Swedish Style Meatballs with Creamy Mushroom Sauce over Pasta and Seasoned Vegetables and Whole Wheat Bread
- Sweet and Sour Chicken with Stir Fry Vegetables and White Rice, and Triple Chocolate Cookie
- Colby Cheese Omelet, French Toast Sticks, and Turkey Sausage Link
Why Mom’s Meals Made The List:
- If you’re eligible, Mom’s Meals is a completely free pre-made meal delivery service (no strings attached). If not, they are still one of the more affordable options listed.
- They offer a wide selection of meals to choose from that focus on traditional and tasty dishes. This is the perfect plan for picky eaters who love good ole’ fashioned home-cooked meals; hence the name: “Mom’s Meals”.
- They are one of the most senior-friendly cheap meal delivery options listed. Their menu is easy to read with clear information about carbs, and if the meal is heart-friendly, diabetes-friendly, or both.
- Since their meals are pre-made and sent refrigerated, they are ready to eat as soon as they arrive. This means no prepping, cooking, or clean-up.
Best Affordable Meal Kit For Wine Pairing
What It Is: As one of the original meal kits to hit the scene, Blue Apron has fine-tuned its recipes over the years to deliver delicious and high-quality meals. You would expect its popularity and quality would make them more expensive, but Blue Apron has stayed consistently affordable. Along with their meal kits, each week they also offer a few pre-made ready-to-eat lunch or dinner options. It’s not the cheapest meal kit service on this list, but given what they send you, it’s definitely a good value. And while their price is a bit higher than many of the other options on this list, they make up for it by using sustainably sourced ingredients. Almost all of their ingredients are organic and their meat is humanely raised without antibiotics or added hormones. What also makes Blue Apron unique is that they tailor their plans to a variety of diets, as well as offer a wine pairing option and marketplace (with single-serving meal kits, meats, and some pretty fancy kitchen tools). With your box, you can opt to receive wines that they recommend pairing with specific meals. If fine dining with wine is your thing (and you’re sticking to a budget) then Blue Apron might be for you.
Types of Meals Offered: Lunch, Dinner, Wine, Pantry Essentials.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $7.49 (for their signature plan, with 4 people and 4 recipes selected). The average price per meal is $8.99.
Examples of Blue Apron’s Meals:
- Seared Tilapia & Creamy Cilantro Sauce with Vegetable Barley & Pepitas
- Orange-Glazed Turkey Meatballs with Brown Rice & Vegetables
- Pesto Shrimp Pasta with Zucchini & Tomatoes
- Spicy Cavatappi & Beef Bolognese with Parmesan & Ricotta Cheese (pre-made meal).
Why Blue Apron Made The List:
- By staying under $10 per meal, Blue Apron is both a high-quality, high-value, and affordable meal kit delivery service.
- Delicious meals that are evaluated by nutritionists to ensure you’re receiving a well-balanced and satisfying meal.
- Blue Apron offers a variety of meals to choose from that are accommodating to those on a diet, especially if you’re a part of the Weight Watchers Program.
- They send easy-to-follow recipe cards that teach you how to cook and prepare traditional and unique meals yourself.
- They have a decently sized marketplace that allows you to purchase individual meal kits, pantry essentials such as spices, as well as high-end cooking utensils and pans.
- They are one of the only meal kits that offers a wine pairing option with their plans.
Best High-Quality & Affordable Meal Kit
What It Is: HelloFresh, like Blue Apron, is another popular meal kit delivery service that offers a variety of recipes to fit most lifestyles (from quick and easy oven-ready meals to more complex cooking experiences). They offer a few different plans to choose from, such as Meat & Veggie, Veggie, Family Friendly, Fit & Wholesome, Quick & Easy, and Pescatarian. When starting out, they’ll have you pick the plans you prefer, which will then show you the meals that go along with those plans first. Even though you picked those plans, you still have access to the whole menu, so you’re not restricted by which plan you choose. While HelloFresh has plenty of meals to choose from, they might not be the best choice if you have any specific dietary restrictions. Weeding out meals that contain allergens is a bit harder on their website, but it is still possible. HelloFresh is a great option if you’re looking to expand your cooking skills, yet still want the option to cook more “relaxed” meals that can be made within 15 to 20 minutes. From our experience reviewing their meal delivery service over the years, we found them to craft some of the most delicious recipes we’ve cooked to date.
Types of Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Snacks, and Other Grocery Items.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $7.99 for 4 people and 6 recipes per week (shipping costs $9.99 per box)
Examples of HelloFresh’s Meals:
- Bulgogi Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Carrots & Lemony Rice
- One-Pan Black Bean & Poblano Quesadillas with Lemon Crema
- Bellissimo Bruschetta Burgers with Herby Potato Wedges & Parmesan-Roasted Asparagus
- Beef Tenderloin with Truffle Mash plus a Ricotta Crostini App. & Vanilla Cheesecake Dessert
Why HelloFresh Made The List:
- HelloFresh offers a wide variety of meals to choose from. This not only includes different cuisines but also different levels of time involvement. They do a good job of offering adventurous meals for those looking to try something new, as well as more traditional meals even picky eaters would be satisfied with.
- HelloFresh is one of the few meal kits we’ve reviewed that offers specialty meals, such as a ‘night-in’ dish that includes an appetizer and dessert. The Beef Tenderloin with Truffle Mash listed above is an example of one of those meals.
- The meals are delicious and consistent. We’ve never had an “off week” with one of their boxes or recipes. They’re also one of the few meal kits we’ve reviewed where we’ve saved the recipe cards to make the meals again in the future (with our own ingredients).
Which Affordable Meal Delivery Service Is Best?
Now that we’ve gone over our top picks for affordable meal delivery services, we would like to share which one we think is best for our readers. We come to this conclusion by evaluating price per meal, meal variety, and convenience. After thoroughly researching each of these services, our pick for the best affordable meal delivery service is Home Chef.
Here’s why we chose Home Chef:
- Their lowest price per meal is $6.99. While they might not be the cheapest option on this list, when compared to the others, we believe they provide the best value.
- Home Chef offers one of the largest selections of meals and plans to choose from, when compared to the other meal delivery services on this list. This is great if you want ready-to-eat meals as well as meals you cook yourself.
- We found them to be highly accommodating to dietary restrictions and allergens.
- They offer more than just meals with the addition of appetizers and desserts.
- We could them to be one of the most customizable meal delivery services, allowing you to fit each meal to your personal preferences. For example, you can swap out ingredients making them perfect for picky eaters or those with certain food preferences.
Home Chef isn’t perfect for everyone though. Here’s why…
- They have limited breakfast options.
- Not every ingredient is organic.
- The pricing per meal fluctuates depending on what plan you go with. The average standard meal at Home Chef costs $8.99.
What Is The Absolute Cheapest Meal Delivery Service?
If you’re looking for the cheapest meal delivery service, regardless of overall value or quality, that would depend on what type of meal you’re looking for.
- Mom’s Meals can be free if you qualify for government or health plan assistance.
- Proper Good offers some breakfast options under $4.
- Dinnerly offers lunch and dinner meals for $4.69.
What To Consider When Choosing A Cheap Meal Delivery Service
Before committing to a meal delivery service, it’s helpful to have in mind exactly what you’re looking for and expecting from your service. Knowing what you need in a service will help you narrow down your search for which is best for you and your household. It will also help prevent committing to a service that you end up not being happy with, or one that isn’t as accommodating to your preferences as you would like them to be. Below are some questions to help you get started.
What is Your Budget?
The first thing to consider before choosing a meal delivery service is how much you’re willing to pay. Luckily, as we’ve seen from this article, there are many plans to choose from that are affordable.
Even the cheapest options, such as Dinnerly and EveryPlate, still offer a variety of satisfying meals. Both of which are great if you’re planning on feeding a family at the lowest cost possible. That being said, their low price shows itself in their fewer ingredients and not as nutritionally balanced meals.
If you’re looking for quality, organic ingredients and well-balanced meals, then you’ll want to raise your budget a bit. Don’t worry though, you can still keep it under $10 per meal. This is the case with HelloFresh and Blue Apron, both of which offer high-end meals that are, from our experience, well worth the price. Then again, there are options in the middle price range that fit both of those categories, so it really just depends on what factors are the most important to you.
Would You Like Your Meals Pre-Made or Would You Prefer To Make The Meals?
Deciding whether you want a meal kit (where you cook the meals yourself) or if you would like them pre-made will help you narrow your search substantially. To decide this, consider your lifestyle and which would feel best for your needs.
Are you constantly on the go and are looking for the quickest meals to eat? If so and you would prefer to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen, a pre-made meal delivery service would probably be best.
On the other hand, maybe you’re looking to expand your cooking skills. Perhaps you like to cook but feel lost in how to put together a well-crafted meal. If this is the case, consider a meal kit delivery service.
If you feel like you are somewhere in the middle, then Home Chef or Blue Apron might be your best bet, as they each offer pre-made, mostly pre-made, and traditional meal kit options.
Do You Have Any Food Allergies?
This is a very important question to consider as some services are much more accommodating to allergens and dietary restrictions than others. If you have a food allergy, you’ll want to look for a service that clearly states potential allergens in each of their meals, as well as a filter that will help you single out the meals that you can eat.
Some affordable options on this list that are helpful for those with allergies are Proper Good, Home Chef, Epicured, Daily Harvest, Dinnerly, and Mosiac Foods. Some of these services offer specific allergen-friendly plans. For example, Daily Harvest and Mosiac offer only vegan meals, which is nice if you’re dairy-free.
Other meal delivery services like HelloFresh, EveryPlate, and Blue Apron are still accommodating to allergies and dietary restrictions, just less so. If you have an allergy and would like to pick one of these options, you might just have to do more work on your end to make sure each meal meets your preferences.
How Many Meals Do You Need To Eat Per Day?
This is an important question to consider as each meal plan differs in how many meals/options they offer. For example, some meals plans offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner, while others only offer dinner.
Are you needing to feed a family, or just yourself? How many days a week are you wanting dinner meals? Your answer to each of these questions will affect which meal delivery service you choose. For example, HelloFresh offers 5 meals per week, 4 servings per meal as their largest meal plan.
What To Be Aware Of When Choosing A Cheap Meal Delivery Service
Regardless of whether you go with a meal delivery service listed in this article or not, it’s important to understand that it may not be the best idea to simply go with the absolute least expensive option.
Think about how the meal delivery service is able to make their service so cheap:
- Are they reducing the quality of their ingredients?
- Are the portion sizes significantly lower?
- Do they not include small ingredients such as seasonings, butter, or oil to cut costs?
- Do they have a refund policy if the box is not up to your standards?
Meal delivery services that are substantially cheaper than the competition do many things to keep their costs low, many of which it’s hard to know until you try them yourself.
Our Methodology For Selecting The Cheapest Meal Delivery Services On This List
Our main desire is to help you figure out which meal delivery service is best for you and to include key details about each of those services. That’s why we want you to know that all of the meal delivery services listed in this article have been vetted by me and my team. This includes, but is not limited to, purchasing the product, reviewing the service in its entirety, taste tests, and more. You can read more about our review process here.
We used these specific guidelines to evaluate every cheap meal delivery service we researched:
- The meal delivery service’s lowest price per meal is under $10.
- The meal delivery service has to offer a variety of meals to choose from.
- They have to offer high-quality ingredients that meet nutritional needs. This includes, but is not limited to, organic fresh produce, local produce, and organic, grass-fed meat.
- The meal delivery service has to be able to ship to every state and town within the continental United States.
Have a question we didn’t answer? Have you tried one of these cheap meal delivery service or any others? Let us know in the comments below!