Keto (short for "ketogenic") is one of the more restrictive diets out there. It involves eating very low carb and high fat meals. Through eating this way, it puts the body into a state of ketosis. The body generally uses carbohydrates as an energy source but in ketosis the body burns fat and makes things called ketones.
Interestingly though, recent research suggests there are many unique health benefits related to the keto diet. These range from weight loss to help managing diabetes and more.
As someone who was in awe of these purported health benefits when the keto diet rose to popularity, I was perplexed as to how to best follow it.
As I learned, keto is not a forgiving diet. You either follow it meticulously so that you're in ketosis or you don't and you're kicked out of ketosis and the majority of the benefits are nulled. What's more is, if you get kicked out of ketosis, the side effects can be as severe as brain fog, fatigue, and an increased craving for carbohydrates. This is often called the "keto flu".
I knew that if I wanted to follow a keto diet, I had to take it seriously right from the start. I also knew that I had to be realistic. I don't have the time to be researching specific meals, planning everything, and cooking to ensure that I hit every macro I had to for the day.
That's when I began researching keto meal delivery services.
When I originally wrote this article, years ago, there was very little choice when it came to food boxes that strictly adhered to the keto diet. Thankfully, today there are many more options to choose from. Which is why I've gone ahead and updated this article for 2021 to reflect the best keto meal delivery services out there.
Fresh n Lean
What It Is: Fresh n Lean is a premade meal delivery service known for their wide variety of diet meal plans—keto being one of their more popular ones. What makes them stand out among the rest of the keto meal delivery services on this list is that they offer a huge amount of meal variety to choose from each week (around 17 meals).
Types Of Keto Meals Offered: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and additional meals.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $9.97
Our Favorite Fresh n Lean Keto Meals:
- Coconut-Turmeric Salmon With Broccoli (10g carbohydrates, 36g fat, 41g protein)
- Sesame Beef With Yellow Squash & Broccoli (10g carbohydrates, 34g fat, 32g protein)
- Chicken Parmesan With Zucchini (5g carbohydrates, 31g fat, 35g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- Fresh n Lean consistently delivers quality when it comes to their food. All of their meals are vacuum-sealed to keep the food as fresh as possible, they're one of the few keto meal delivery services that is USDA inspected (FSIS), and they use fully organic ingredients.
- Their meals have the lowest net carbohydrates and highest amount of fats that I've seen and tested in all my years researching meal delivery services.
- They offer a huge variety of keto snacks such as their smoky BBQ almonds (8g carbohydrates) and teriyaki beef jerky (5g net carbohydrates).
Best Premade Option For Variety
What It Is: Factor Meals (previously known as Factor75) is a premade meal delivery service that focuses primarily on keto-specific meals. In fact, when they first launched, Factor was one of the only meal delivery services that catered to those following the keto diet. Today, they offer upwards of 9 premade keto meals each week. What's more is they also have a marketplace of foods you can add to your box each week, in addition to the meals you get. These add ons range from soups and snacks to extra proteins like chicken breasts and burgers.
Types Of Keto Meals Offered: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $11.00
Our Favorite Factor Keto Meals:
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken with Zucchini Noodles (15g carbohydrates, 53g fat, 40g protein)
- Blackened Salmon with Smoked Gouda Cauliflower “Grits” & Broccoli (17g carbohydrates, 47g fat, 45g protein)
- Keto Turkey Chili & Zucchini with Ancho Lime Crema (11g carbohydrates, 34g fat, 25g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- Factor Meals is one of the few keto meal delivery services that truly sticks to the keto diet. Many other meal delivery services say that they are keto-specific but their meals are either not low-carb enough or not high-fat enough.
- Their marketplace is filled with keto-friendly add ons such as nut mixes, eggs, and more. Watch our video unboxing and taste testing their soups and snacks here.
- They are one of the few meal delivery services on this list to offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a variety of add ons.
- Their meals are very tasty. We've reviewed Factor Meals multiple times since 2018 and have always been impressed with the flavor and quality of their meals.
Best Tasting Premade Keto Meals
What It Is: Snap Kitchen is a premade keto meal delivery service that focuses heavily on quality. That means their meals have zero preservatives, antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, or hormones. All of their meals are also 100% gluten free.
Types Of Keto Meals Offered: Lunch and dinner.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $10.50
Our Favorite Snap Kitchen Keto Meals:
- Romesco Chicken with Grilled Kale & Mushrooms (11g carbohydrates, 25g fat, 33g protein)
- Bruschetta Chicken with Balsamic Reduction (12g carbohydrates, 15g fat, 39g protein)
- Buffalo Ranch Burger with Loaded Roasted Cauliflower (11g carbohydrates, 55g fat, 22g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- Snap Kitchen is one of the only keto meal delivery services on this list to have local locations where you can go to pick up your meals.
- Their meals have been consistently delicious.
- They donate their unsold meals to food banks.
Best Keto Option For Weight Loss
Diet-To-Go (Keto Plan)
What It Is: Diet-To-Go is one of the oldest premade diet meal delivery services on this list, having been founded in 1991. Their keto meal plan offers upwards of 15 different meals per week. They also allow you to customize your plan from the start based on your food preferences (for example, excluding seafood).
Types Of Keto Meals Offered: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and sides.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $10.14
Our Favorite Diet-To-Go Keto Meals:
- Baked Chicken with Goat Cheese (11g carbohydrates, 28g fat, 33g protein)
- Chicken Parmesan over Ratatouille (13g carbohydrates, 29g fat, 30g protein)
- Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Sauce (16g carbohydrates, 32g fat, 31g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- Diet-To-Go's speciality is crafting premade meals for those looking to lose weight. They have multiple success stories of customers who have used their meal plans to shed upwards of 50 lbs.
- All of their meals are frozen, which makes them good for people who may want to stock up on meals or freeze them for later use.
- For frozen meals, they came out very delicious. I recommend preparing them in the oven, rather than the microwave, for best results.
Best Keto Meal Delivery Service For Big Eaters
What It Is: Trifecta Nutrition is a premade meal delivery service that is best known for their fitness and bodybuilding meals. Trifecta's keto meal plan not only adheres very well to the restrictive nature of the keto diet, they offer a lot of meal variety (including additional daily meals). All of their keto meals use high-quality ingredients, including organic produce, humanely raised meats, and sustainably-caught seafood.
Types Of Keto Meals Offered: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and additional entrees.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $13.79
Our Favorite Trifecta Nutrition Keto Meals:
- Beef Sloppy Joes (7g carbohydrates, 33g fat, 38g protein)
- Roasted Chicken Thighs (4g carbohydrates, 25g fat, 32g protein)
- Ground Beef Frittata With Asparagus (5g carbohydrates, 29g fat, 28g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- They are one of the few keto meal delivery services that allows you to add on an additional 3rd entree to your order. This makes them a good option for big eaters, bodybuilders, and athletes.
- They use locally sourced ingredients.
- They give you the ability to customize your meal plan by excluding shellfish, salmon, white fish, nuts, chicken, red meat, mushrooms, and turkey.
Best Keto Meal Kit
What It Is: Green Chef is the only meal kit currently available that has keto-specific meals as well as a keto meal plan. Many others say they have keto meals but they're really just low-carb and do not adhere to the strict nature of the keto diet. In addition to being the only keto meal kit option, Green Chef is also the only USDA certified organic meal kit on the market.
Types Of Keto Meals Offered: Lunch and dinner.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $9.98
Our Favorite Green Chef Keto Meals:
- Blackened Barramundi With Dijonnaise (16g carbohydrates, 62g fat, 31g protein)
- Cuban Chicken With Chimichurri, Red Bell Pepper, Snap Peas, Cabbage, Pepitas, Cotija (17g carbohydrates, 48g fat, 50g protein)
- Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash Noodles, Basil Pesto, Parmesan, Hazelnuts (21g carbohydrates, 57g fat, 28g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- Green Chef is the only keto meal kit that is currently available.
- They hold themselves to the highest standards when it comes to quality—using organic ingredients and some of the most eco-friendly packing materials.
- Their meals are delicious. We've been ordering from Green Chef since 2017. Their meal quality and taste has been consistently high.
Best Keto Soup Delivery
What It Is: Proper Good is one of the few soup delivery services available on the internet. While they don't offer a keto meal plan, they do offer many keto-specific soups. What makes Proper Good stand out among the rest of the keto meal delivery options on this list is that they are shelf-stable. This means you don't have to store these meals in the fridge or freeze (just your pantry). This means they last months longer than all the other keto premade meals on this list.
Types Of Keto Foods Offered: Soup and seasonings.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $5.94
Our Favorite Proper Good Keto Soups:
- Sweet Red Pepper & Meatball Soup (12g carbohydrates, 25g fat, 12g protein)
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup (9g carbohydrates, 27g fat, 7g protein)
- Cream Of Chicken (10g carbohydrates, 27g fat, 20g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- They are one of the lowest priced keto food boxes on this list, making them a great option for those on a budget.
- Their soups are some of the best tasting premade soups I've ever had.
- They are one of the few keto food boxes on this list that offers one-off orders as well as recurring orders. This allows you to try their soups out first, before commiting to a subscription.
Best For Keto Bundles
What It Is: 518 Kitchen is a keto-only premade meal delivery service. This means that they only sell meals that fit into the keto diet. They allow you to order your keto meals in a variety of different ways—subscribing, one-off a la carte orders, and ordering keto meal bundles. They also have a huge selection to choose from, with over 35 different keto foods currently on their rotating menu.
Types Of Keto Foods Offered: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, sides, and desserts.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $6.99
Our Favorite 518 Kitchen Keto Meals:
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie (10g carbohydrates, 44g fat, 32g protein)
- Boneless Short Ribs with Broccoli Rabe (10g carbohydrates, 49g fat, 34g protein)
- Philly Cheesesteak with Celeriac Fries (11g carbohydrates, 59g fat, 40g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- 518 Kitchen offers the most cuisine variety out of any option on this list. This ranges from traditional American meals like their keto chicken pot pie to Asian inspired sesame chicken.
- By having so many different ways to order (a la carte or subscription) you can test them out before committing to a full subscription.
- All of their meals are sent frozen so you can stock up on keto meals through one of their bundles or a la carte and have weeks or even months worth of keto meals at home, in your freezer.
Best Quality Premade Keto Meals
The Good Kitchen
What It Is: The Good Kitchen is a premade meal delivery service that focuses on using the highest quality ingredients in all of their keto meals. This means that they use 100% grass-Fed and grass-finished beef, pasture-raised poultry, pork, eggs, lamb and turkey, as well as Seafood Watch compliant seafood items.
Types Of Keto Foods Offered: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $11.87
Our Favorite Good Kitchen Keto Meals:
- BBQ Rubbed Wings (0g carbohydrates, 44g fat, 56g protein)
- Ranch Chicken With Buffalo Cauliflower (10g carbohydrates, 15g fat, 35g protein)
- Korean Style Beef Bowl (16g carbohydrates, 30g fat, 42g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- They allow you to narrow down your keto meals by specific food allergies, such as dairy, egg, shellfish, and tree nuts. Plus, you can filter out by specific ingredients you may not enjoy, such as onions, mushrooms, nightshades, spicy foods, and pork.
- They offer a variety of different ways to order—sample packs, a la carte, and subscriptions.
- They sell their meals directly via their website as well as Amazon.
Best Frozen High Protein Keto Meals
Ice Age Meals
What It Is: Ice Age Meals is a premade frozen meal delivery service that started off as a paleo meal delivery service but has since shifted towards offering more low-carb meals that fit within the keto diet. All of their meals use zero gluten, grains, sugar, soy, corn, nuts, or dairy.
Types Of Keto Foods Offered: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $10.85
Our Favorite Ice Age Meals Keto Meals:
- Smoked Pork Belly (10g carbohydrates, 97g fat, 48g protein)
- Smoked Chicken and Chipotle Pineapple Punch BBQ Sauce (15g carbohydrates, 45g fat, 83g protein)
- Smoked Brisket and Eggs (5g carbohydrates, 68g fat, 63g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- Ice Age Meals has some of the highest protein keto meals that I've seen to date. This makes them a great option for those following the High Protein Ketogenic Diet.
- They offer a variety of different ways to order—sample packs, build your own box, and more.
- In addition to meals, they offer a variety of low-carb sauces and spices.
Best For Gourmet Keto Meals
What It Is: Cookunity is a premade meal delivery service that works a bit differently than the others on this list. They partner with high-end chefs local to your area and work with them to craft dishes that are then sent directly to your door. This means that all of their meals are small batch and cooked with locally sourced (restaurant quality) ingredients.
Types Of Keto Foods Offered: Lunch and dinner.
Lowest Price Per Meal: $10.49
Our Favorite Cookunity Keto Meals:
- Keto Meatloaf With Celery & Cremini Mushrooms (10g carbohydrates, 31g fat, 49g protein)
- Meatloaf With Broccoli & Cremini Mushrooms (20g carbohydrates, 28g fat, 34g protein)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast (15g carbohydrates, 62g fat, 39g protein)
Why It Made The List:
- Cookunity's meals are as close to having a private gourmet chef as you can get with meal delivery services. We've reviewed them many times and tried multiple of their boxes. Every time I have been impressed with how delicious their meals have been.
- Working with chefs in your local area means that their meals are sent to you fresh.
- They offer some of the most eco-friendly packaging out of any premade meal delivery service that we've reviewed. It is both compostable and recyclable.
The Basics Of The Keto Diet
The keto diet in a nutshell is a low-carb, high-fat diet. However, the diet itself is actually broken up into many different subsets—standard ketogenic diet, cyclical ketogenic diet, targeted ketogenic diet, and high protein ketogenic diet are the most popular. Each of these versions of the keto diet have slightly different rules:
- Standard Ketogenic Diet: This is the variation of the diet that most people refer to when they say "keto". It requires your daily meals to contain 70% fat, 20% protein, and only 10% carbs.
- Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: This variation of the keto diet requires you to rotate when you eat carbohydrates. Going from 5 ketogenic days to then 2 high carbohydrate days.
- Targeted Ketogenic Diet: This variation of the keto diet is geared more towards athletes due to the fact that it allows you to add in carbohydrates around workouts. This allows your body to have the carbohydrate fuel needed to perform your workouts at peak energy levels.
- High-Protein Ketogenic Diet: This variation is similar to the Standard Ketogenic Diet but includes more protein. The macro ratio is usually 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs.
What Is Ketosis?
The basis of the keto diet revolves around getting your body into ketosis. Ketosis is the state in which your body is able to use fat as energy called "ketone bodies" or "ketones" for short. This allows your body to burn fat for fuel rather than carbohydrates. As you can probably tell, this is the reason why it's necessary to adhere to strict low-carb, high-fat meals when following the keto diet. Or else, you could get kicked out of ketosis.
What Are The Benefits Of The Keto Diet?
The keto diet has sprung up in popularity due to the fact that there are a variety of research-backed benefits to following it. Here are some of the most interesting benefits:
- It may help promote weight loss. According to a 2013 meta-analysis, researchers found that people who followed a keto diet lost 2 lbs more than those following low fat diets over the period of a year.
- A 2014 study found that it may work as a complementary treatment used alongside chemotherapy and radiation therapy in people with certain cancers.
- According to the Epilepsy Foundation, doctors recommend a ketogenic for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.
- A 2017 review of studies of humans and animals adhering to the keto diet showed that showed that some experienced a significant drop in levels of total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or bad cholesterol, and triglycerides, and an increase in high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or "good" cholesterol.
- A 2019 review suggested that the ketones created in the body through the keto diet provide neuroprotective benefits. This means it could help manage conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders.
What Are The Benefits of Using a Keto Meal Delivery Service?
So you've read our list of keto-friendly meal delivery services but you're not sure if it's right for you. That's okay—these meal delivery services are right for some people and not others. Our goal in creating Food Box HQ is to help you make the right meal delivery decision.
Let's go over the benefits of using a keto meal kit so you can see if it's in line with what you're looking to get out of it...
Ability To Stick To Keto Without The Hassle Of Guessing Macros
Has your biggest struggle with the keto diet been trying to figure out your daily macros? It was for me. Counting the fat, protein, and carbohydrates in every single one of your meals can be a little overwhelming and time-consuming. Ultimately, it could deter you from sticking to keto-friendly meals for the long haul. Thankfully, using a meal delivery service can help eliminate that hassle.
All of the options on this list have keto meals or meal plans that adhere to the 70% fat, 20% protein, 10% carbs macro ratio.
If you need extra help tracking your macros, I highly suggest either looking into a keto tracking app such as Carb Manager. Or, another option is to use Trifecta Nutrition and download their all-in-one app. It allows you to schedule and plan your meals, track your workouts, and track your macros for the day.
Perfectly Portioned To Avoid Overeating Or Undereating
Following any kind of diet can be a little stressful and involve a lot of planning. What should I eat? When should I eat? And how much am I supposed to be eating at each meal? There’s a lot to figure out if you want to ensure you’re feeding your body properly and getting in all the essential nutrients.
Using a keto meal delivery service will help eliminate some of that stress and take care of all the planning for you. They’re especially great for keeping you on track when it comes to portion sizes. All of the meals you’ll receive will be perfectly portioned so you don’t have to worry about overeating or under-eating. You’ll get the macros your body needs to stay in ketosis.
Factoring in Time, I've Found It More Budget-Friendly Than Making It Yourself Or Eating Out
One of the things that holds people back in signing up for a meal delivery service is that they’re worried about the cost. While some of the meal delivery services on this list might seem high in price, you have to think about where you’re saving in terms of both money and time.
These services are either providing you with pre-made meals or fresh ingredients to cook the meal yourself. It all depends which one you go for. Either way, it’s going to cut down on the amount of food you’ll have to purchase at the grocery store each week since your breakfasts, lunches, and/or dinners are going to be taken care of for you. I've found that this can help save money because you often have to buy more of one ingredient than you need for a recipe. And then, sometimes you have food that goes to waste and has to be thrown out. Shockingly, nearly 40% of food is thrown away each year!
Any of the keto meal delivery services on this list are going to help you cut down on food waste, thus saving money in the long-run. Plus, you're going to be saving time, which is the one thing we can never get back.
It Provides The Opportunity To Try Unique Keto Meals
We’re all guilty of getting stuck in a rut when it comes to food. When we find something we like and that’s also easy to make, we fall into the trap of making it over and over again. And the reality is, that gets boring after a while. We need a little variety in our lives when it comes to the meals we make.
Instead of scouring the web for new recipes to try, you can use a keto meal delivery service to provide you with unique dishes to taste. This way, you aren’t always repeating the same recipes and you’ll get to try new things that you probably wouldn’t have made otherwise. It expands your palate as an eater and can step-up your cooking skills in the process when you learn how new flavors work together.
For instance, Green Chef has a keto-friendly meal plan with a menu that rotates each week. What I've found very helpful is saving the keto recipes I enjoy from Green Chef and making those dishes on my own in the future.
What to Consider When Choosing a Keto Delivery Service
When putting together this list of keto-friendly meal delivery services, we wanted to approach it as methodically as possibly. We used the questions/points below to find and narrow down this list. You can learn more about our review process here.
Do They Have a Keto-Friendly Plan or Just a Low-Carb Plan?
Some people want to stick to a keto diet in order to be in ketosis while others are looking to use it to simply lose weight. We specifically included only meal delivery services that offer keto meals and keto meal plans. This is the reason you will not find meal delivery services such as HelloFresh, Blue Apron, Sunbasket, or Freshly on this list. They only offer low-carb meals, not keto meals.
How Much Variety of Keto Meals Are Offered?
Variety is definitely important to consider because no one wants to get into a food rut eating the same exact meals day after day. You should change it up and experience new flavor combinations to keep it interesting and exciting. This way, you’ll actually look forward to keto rather than dreading the meals.
The keto meal delivery services included in this list all offer a variety of meal options. This is to ensure that you don't get bored with the meals and that the meals are properly balanced in terms of taste and nutrition.
Quality of Ingredients
Quality is key when it comes to diet as well as flavor. When researching and reviewing options for this article, we wanted to make sure that the keto meals offered by the meal delivery service had to prioritize quality. We specifically narrowed down this list to include services that used organic produce, grass-fed beef, and other ingredients that were additive/chemical free.
Overall Cost of the Meals
Everyone has different budgets. Some can afford to be spending over $10 per meal, others cannot. We took that into consideration when putting together this list by making sure we included keto meal delivery services that had more budget friendly options. For example, Proper Good offers delicious and filling keto soups for around $5 to $6 per serving. On the flip side, services such as Cookunity or Trifecta offer more expensive "gourmet" keto meals.
Reliability of Service
Is the keto meal delivery service reliable? That is an extremely important point to consider and one we took very seriously when creating this list.
If you scroll down to the comments, you can see that some of our readers complained about services that we previously included, where they had poor experiences. We updated our list since then to reflect the real-life experiences of our readers.
All of the services on this list are established businesses, in good standing with the BBB, and have been in business for 5 or more years.
Last, we included meal delivery services that offered a variety of different types of meals—from different cuisines to different meal options and snacks.
We wanted to make sure that our readers have options that fit into their specific lifestyle. Some of which may want every aspect of their food to be covered (for example, using Fresh n Lean). Whereas others may want to simply try out new keto dinners (for example, using Green Chef).
Have you tried any of the keto meal delivery services on this list? Have a question we didn't answer? Let us know in the comments below!
I just received my first Green Chef "Keto" plan and it does not fall within Keto guidelines. It's not high fat and very low carbs, which is Keto by definition. As anyone that cares about staying in ketosis knows, you're supposed to stay under 25 net grams of carbs per day. The first meal I made had 21 net grams just for this dinner. And the fat was way to low. I wrote them and got a response that "it may not fall into the more strict guidelines of a keto diet" but that I could reduce the sauces and add fat. they use higer carb veggies that I would also have to take out (green beans, carrots, sugar snap peas). So if I have to take out the HC veg/sauces and add fat...then why am I paying for a Keto plan? They didn't really seem to care. It's a clean diet, it's Paleo, it's GF, but it's not Keto. Maybe they'll change if others complain, but as of Aug 2017 it's not compliant.
Thank you for letting me and everyone that reads this article know! Really appreciate it.
I fully agree. I see Green Chef listed when I google Keto Meal Delivery and they have a specific 'Keto' plan but it definitely doesn't fall into Keto from everything I have read. The current meal plan (3 meals) has 10, 17, and 20 g of net carbs. This is for one meal (i.e. dinner) for the day. Good luck staying under 20-25 with your other meals. It's a good try but I don't think you could easily stay in Ketosis with these meals.
After reading your post I was really excited to try Ketoned Bodies as i used to basically live off of lean cuisines before I followed a keto diet and struggled with quick meals when i switched low carb. I went on their website to look at their meals and nutrition info and it seemed too good to be true! Their chicken fried steak meal was only 2 net carbs. I was a bit confused as I have ordered from Keto Fridge before and know they only list carbs, not fiber so I messaged their online chat bot to see if this site was the same.
Upon further inspection, I noticed that some of the meals that included things like Brussels sprouts and asparagus had a net carb of zero, which made me suspicious as I know that’s not possible. When I notified their customer service rep, they said that those we’re incorrect.
I naturally asked them if someone could confirm the rest of their nutritional info then as those were wrong and I closely track net carbs – Instead of respecting this they threw their preference for not tracking carbs in my face, instead of respecting what works for me, and took this issue extremely personally, getting really offended and defensive by my request. I was really saddened by the way that they treated me as a potential customer – I understand that mistakes do happen, especially on a new website, but just want to be able to accurately track my macros.
Thanks for sharing this! I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with them :/.
I've been a Ketoned Bodies customer for at least a month now. Their service and quality have definitely improved, though I have spoken with Bryan the owner and he fixed some early issues. I copy their nutrition info into MyFitnessPal and all the meals list the carbs and fiber on their Ketoned Bodies website. I've never seen anything listed as no carb. There is one woman who answers the phone there who's been very rude to me and has hung up on me before, that's probably who you talked to Paige.
Thanks for sharing, Brittany. Really appreciate it and I'm sure a lot of people reading do too :-).
Thanks for steering me clear of that disaster!
Factor 75 is legit. I work weird schedules and can barely keep up with the right diet. I've tried a few of the smaller "healthy" and keto meal delivery services. They just were not great. I didn't see the value. Factor 75 is the only one I actually like.
Factor 75 calls something Keto, but has 35g of carbs in it.
Quest Keto has been shut down, just FYI.
Thank you for letting me know! We're going to be updating this list shortly :-).
Ketonedbodies.com is back 100% and better then ever, Please check us out.
Had a number of issues with Ketoned bodies. Packages arriving smashed or the cellophane wrap compromised and the food spoiled in my refrig. Promised a refund and it never happened even though I emailed Bryan to remind him. Items were not available so instead of contacting me they made their own substitutions. Placed an order and it was sent to Colorado and I live in CA. Never received a notification...kept emailing Ketoned bodies inquiring as to where was my order and when it would ship. Things just kept getting worse and over time the food kept getting saltier and saltier.
Starts out good but goes downhill fast and a customer service department does not exist. Food is rather pricey even for the chicken entrees.
Sorry to hear! Have you tried any others you could recommend?
I would add KetoFridge. Awesome food. A few meals were a bit too high in carbs for me, so I split them in half. Great sides as well. By far my favorite.
Thanks for the info, Allison! Will certainly look into adding them :-).
Keto Meal Delivery ketomealdelivery.com is local out here in LA, but worth mentioning as they plan to start shipping nationwide soon. They are an off-shoot of a company "Muscle Up Meals", their carbs are only the vegetables. The fats on most of the dishes are high due to their sauces and sides such as cauliflower puree made with a vegan plant based mayo. They are currently dairy, soy, and gluten free, so they use vegan mayo on every creamy sauce they have but it's really yummy and you can't tell it's vegan. The food in general is more on the high end, like you'd get from a private chef, really great meals, worth checking out.
They also have some new keto snacks they added.
I've tried Keto Fridge and Ketoned Bodies. Both have great food. I Don't really like the packaging of most of Keto Fridge, but the food is great. I did have an issue with Ketoned Bodies though. I would stay away from the chicken thighs. I had two in the same shipment that spilled blood over everything when I cut into them. Ketoned Bodies did give me a refund, but said the chicken was safe to eat as it is slowly cooked. They even compared it to Prime Rib. I'm sorry, but bloody chicken is a far cry from Prime Rib. While I like the food, I will never order their chicken thighs again. Bloody chicken may be safe, but it tastes like s**t.
I've used Keto Fridge for a while. Theirs is good but we got tired of the small list of keto meals that were offered every week. We were thrown off by what looked like shrink wrap MRE's, but they turned out to be delicious. Just wish they had more variety. We have also used Factor75 for a while, they are good too. Their portions can be small, and we got bored eating the same meals every week. I agree with everyone else about Ketoned Bodies food, the meals are good, but I had issues with the broken containers too. The owner, Paul, (I guess one of the owners), said they were changing suppliers, and processing facilities and that I should expect a huge improvement. Then I placed an order that I didn't get a confirmation on and wasn't on their website. I placed the order again thinking I must not have submitted it. Then suddenly both showed up. I called and told them not to send one and to give me a refund. He asked if he could credit my account for the next order. I agreed. Then they ended up sending both orders. I was unable to connect with him again even tho he gave me his "direct" number. I've tried contacting him several times. We froze and ate the meals. I wondered if the credit was still there. When I ordered next , the credit was there. I ordered the exact amount again. They sent me half the meals. He still will not return my calls. The packaging has changed; it is brown cardboard with no labels or company name. I have no idea what the frozen meals are. There is no consistency, no communication, and service is non-existant. I will no longer use them. I looked at the ketomealdelivery.com and it looks great but it doesn't delivery to my state. 🙁 Guess I will go back to Keto Fridge and Factor75 for now.
Tried the Sun Basket plan after using the coupon on this page. No where on the actual site does it mention "keto" but I checked out the nutritional info to make sure the meals I would get on their paleo plan would fit what I'm looking for. The good thing about this meal kit is that they tell you the nutrition per serving. I don't know why other services hide that! It's annoying. Anyway, I ordered and enjoyed Sun Basket. It made my first few weeks of keto much easier so I came back to thank you.
We read this article and a few other reviews and chose to go with Ketoned Bodies. For the first time in my life I wish I WOULD have read the comments.
We had not received our order so we contacted them and were told we would not received the delivery until Monday. We should have RECEIVED our food on WEDNESDAY, January 30th according to the website information. Instead, it was SHIPPED OUT on WEDNESDAY, January 30th. When we finally received our delivery all of the meals they were are all at room temperature. Upon opening the package there was some plastic wrapped material and some craft paper shavings. The package says there is dry ice but there is nothing cold contained in the box. The box upon opening smelled. We could not eat them as they are not frozen and not even cool to the touch. They were actually raw and sliding around in their packages. I contacted the company by email, facebook message, phone and their customer service a total of 17 times (and counting) to resolve this issue. A response was finally given to me via email that they would refund the money. That has not happened and they will not confirm that the refund is "processing". This has been going on now for almost over a week. (Just the "pending refund" itself.) The entire ordeal has been going on almost a month to resolve. Also, as of TODAY, the email they tell you to contact them at gets returned and says "address can not be found or no longer can receive email." At this point I wish someone would be accountable.
I HIGHLY suggest you remove them from your review as a recommendation, considering how many complaints are posted here. I can only imagine how much money is not being refunded to people.
Hey Andrea, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience! It looks like Ketoned Bodies has taken a downturn in their entire service within the past 6-8 months. We're definitely going to this list to reflect the negative experiences.
I had the WORST experience with Ketoned Bodies. The first time I tried to order meals there was only 3 options available . Two weeks later there were more. So I ordered. It took 2 more weeks to process the order and get the food. The second time I ordered there was only 1 option available. In 2 more weeks more options became available and I ordered again. STILL waiting for that order to show up. Every time you call you get put to a voice message that tells you to send an email. NO EMAIL HAS EVER BEEN ANSWERED AND NO PHONE CALL HAS EVER BEEN ANSWERED. It is the WORST customer service I have ever had.
So sorry to hear that! It looks like they are trying to sell the business (or possibly have sold it) which may explain all these inexcusable issues many of their customers are having. We don't recommend them anymore but are keeping them on this list purely so that others can read the comments about the service to make a balanced and informed decision.
Ketoned bodies: ditto to all the recent problems listed here and elsewhere. What is particularly inexcusable is that the phone number is still active and some poor sucker has to answer all these angry phone calls. They do nothing other than transfer you to a voicemail that will not result in a response. They were happy to take our money but will not deliver or provide any recompense. I would encourage others to file a complaint with the better business bureau even though it is unlikely to have any resolution at this time. Very frustrating.
We have tried others on this list and Factor 75 has always been good. We have had infrequent problems with them but they have always made it right when we have complained.
Thanks for letting us all know, Lauri! Much appreciated. Really sorry to hear about your experience with Ketoned Bodies. Factor 75 is a good alternative. For anyone else interested in Factor 75, we have a full review, unboxing, and taste test here.
What happened to Keto Fridge? I used them back when I first got into keto but I cant find them now. They still in business?
It doesn't look like the Keto Fridge website is still running and their last post on Facebook was in January 2021. From what I can tell, they went out of business.
WHich is the most affordable option for someone living alone? Thank you
The most affordable option would be Proper Good soups. They currently have 7 different keto soups, all of which are around $7 (not including shipping and taxes). Most of their soups are around or under 7g net carbs, over 20g protein, and 20g-30g of fat. They also allow you to build your own keto soup pack for a discount.
Does a meal delivery company exist that will automatically tell me what macros I need to have every day to follow keto? It's a lot of work to constantly check carbs, fat, and protein in every meal to make sure I hit each one every day.
Hi Colin. There aren't any keto meal delivery services that do that. However, Trifecta Nutrition does have a complimentary mobile app that you can use to track your macros.
You should try HILO Life snacks! They are all under 5g net carbs, no sugar, and so good!
Thanks for the recommendation! We'll check them out.
How does Fresh n Lean compare to Factor meals? I am between both but cannot tell what the key differences are other than pricing...
Factor Meals and Fresh n Lean are similar but there are some key difference. Both are pre-made meal delivery services that offer keto compliant meals. Also, they both offer add ons such as snacks and Factor Meals even offers keto desserts (their keto cheesecake is one of my favorites). However, Fresh n Lean does have more overall options (meals and meal plans). When it comes to taste though, I tend to prefer Factor Meals.
Which one is easiest to follow?
The keto meal delivery services that are going to be easiest to follow are going to be any of the ones that send you pre-made meals. With a meal kit you have to actually prep and make the meals yourself, which could be time consuming. On the flip side, pre-made meal delivery services send meals that are already prepared and cooked. That means you just need to pop it in the microwave or oven to heat it up and you're ready to eat.