Snap Kitchen is a pre-made meal delivery service best known for crafting nutritionally balanced meals that are made with "clean" ingredients.
However, with the rise in popularity of prepared meal delivery services, what makes Snap Kitchen stand out among the rest?
Today we're going to cover everything you need to know about Snap Kitchen—from how much they charge per meal to how they compare to the competition.
How Much Does Snap Kitchen Cost Per Meal?
The cost per meal will depend on which Snap Kitchen plan you end up going with.
On their 12 meal per week plan meals come out to $10.50 each.
On their 6 meal per week plan meals come out to $12.67 each.
Comparing these prices to other similar pre-made meal delivery services such as Freshly (where meals are around $9 each) and Cookunity (where meals are around $11 each) Snap Kitchen is about the same price.
Does Snap Kitchen Charge For Shipping?
Yes, Snap Kitchen charges a $12 shipping fee for each week of meals.
If you live in Austin, TX or Philadelphia, PA they will waive the shipping fee.
What Types Of Diets Does Snap Kitchen Accommodate?
Snap Kitchen does not break up their plans by specific diets in the way that, for example, Fresh n Lean does. Rather, they allow you select a plan by how many meals you'd like to receive each week. Then, in their menu, you can filter by specific diets.
These diets include:
This is on par with what other similar pre-made meal delivery services offer, such as Territory Foods.
However, because Snap Kitchen only offers up to 12 meals per week, they are unable to supply you with enough meals to cover each and every daily meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) 7 days per week.
What Types Of Meals Does Snap Kitchen Offer?
Snap Kitchen offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals. However, their breakfast options are limited to 1 or 2 options per week. That being said though, I've found their breakfasts to be delicious. They are usually a variation of pancakes (e.g. banana pancakes) made with almond meal and eggs (so they're gluten-free and paleo-friendly).
In terms of cuisines, they generally range from classics like steak and veggies to authentic Mexican dishes like tacos and rice pilaf. I've never had any meal that was too "out there" with Snap Kitchen, so I'd say they're a good option for picky eaters.
Are Snap Kitchen Meals Organic?
Snap Kitchen says that they use organic ingredients, when possible. Not every meal is going to be 100% organic.
How Long Do Snap Kitchen Meals Last?
Snap Kitchen meals meals will last in a refrigerator for around 5 to 7 days. Each meal tray will have a “best by” date to give you an exact date in which it should be eaten by.
You can also freeze their meals for up to six months. However, if you do choose to freeze your meals, it’s important to thaw them properly in the fridge before cooking and eating them.
Is It Easy To Cancel Your Snap Kitchen Subscription?
I found it to be rather simple to cancel our Snap Kitchen subscription when we needed to.
You simply log into your account, go to your "Subscriptions" page, and scroll down to where you see "Cancel Subscription". Once your subscription is canceled you can reactivate it any time.
There's no need to email them or call up customer support in order to cancel like some other meal delivery services, such as Trifecta Nutrition, make you do.
Where Does Snap Kitchen Deliver?
Unlike many other pre-made meal delivery services out there, Snap Kitchen does not deliver to every state in the US. They currently only deliver to the following:
- Most of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- Parts of New York
- West Virginia
- Most of Texas
- Most of Oklahoma
- Parts of Arkansas
- Parts of Louisiana
- Parts of Kansas
- Parts of New Mexico
If you live within driving distance of a Snap Kitchen location, you can pick up your meals in person. Those pickup locations are below:
- Philadelphia, PA
- Tulsa, OK
- Fayetteville, AR
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Little Rock, AR
- Dallas, TX (and surrounding neighborhoods)
- Fort Worth, TX (and surrounding neighborhoods)
- Austin, TX (and surrounding neighborhoods)
- San Antonio, TX (and surrounding neighborhoods)
- Houston, TX (and surrounding neighborhoods)
- Shreveport, LA
- Baton Rouge, LA
- New Orleans, LA
- Mandevilla, LA
Does Snap Kitchen Offer Any Type Of Satisfaction Guarantee?
Unfortunately, Snap Kitchen does not explicitly say they will refund you if anything goes wrong with your meals.
What's The Difference Between Snap Kitchen And Freshly?
If you're trying to decide between Snap Kitchen and Freshly, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
- Price: Freshly's lowest cost per meal is $8.99 whereas Snap Kitchen's lowest cost per meal is $10.50.
- Delivery: Freshly can deliver to every state in the US whereas Snap Kitchen can only deliver to about a dozen.
- Diets: Both Freshly and Snap Kitchen can accommodate the same diets. This includes keto, vegan, vegetarian, paleo, Whole30, and more. However, Freshly is certified gluten-free whereas Snap Kitchen is not.
- Meal Selection: Freshly beats Snap Kitchen in a landslide when it comes to meal selection. Freshly offers upwards of 50 meals per week on their menu and Snap Kitchen only offers around 35.
- Taste: From my experience reviewing both Freshly and Snap Kitchen, I would have to say that Freshly's meals were much more flavorful. That being said, Snap Kitchen does have some standout meals. Surprisingly, their simple pancake breakfast is one of my favorites.